In the starting mode, a gas or diesel marine engine (inboard, outboard or auxiliary type) places a demand for high amperage, or starting current, to "crank the engine" up to starting RPM. This high starting current must be delivered quickly and for as long as thirty seconds at a time, month after month after month. Otherwise, the engine cranks too slowly and may not start at all... especially if the battery has been sitting for long periods, is extremely hot, or has been drained by an auxiliary load, or the engine is in an untuned condition. In any event, you can't start. All you can do is float.
- Exclusive calcium alloy, full frame grids and plates
- Deep pocket envelope plate separators
- Exclusive demineralized electrolyte (acid)
- Exclusive power path grid design
- Lower profile flush covers
- Exclusive "molded-in" stainless steel dual top terminals with wing nuts
- Vibration resistant design
- 250 quality control checks (The most rigorous in the industry!)
- Made with pride in the U.S.A.
- Maintenance-free "never needs water" design
- Delivers more power per pound of battery
- Help prevent life-shortening internal short circuits
- Reduces water loss and extends life
- Directs more energy to terminal posts for maximum power per pound
- Keeps battery top clean and acid-free, and eliminates hold-down problem
- No more lost caps!
- Leakproof design keeps connections corrosion free - makes installation
quick and easy
- Extends life in "wave pounding" marine applications
- Assures best performance, longest life
- Assures peace of mind and warranty protection